What can ISM do for you? 20+ reasons to join today
(These benefits are included in local ISM-Utah membership or can be obtained separately by being a "Direct Member" for $210 first year, $190 per year annually. Go to www.ism.ws to apply for National Membership only)
- Inside Supply Management®
ISM's monthly magazine contains thought-provoking discussions and information on those topics most relevant to today's forward-thinking, strategic supply managers. Published exclusively for ISM members.
- Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing ISM Report On Business® (ROB)
ISM's monthly survey of purchasing statistics is the first of its kind. It's considered by many economists to be the most reliable, near-term economic barometer available today. The full report is delivered to ISM members each month within the pages of Inside Supply Management® magazine.
- Unlimited Access to ISM's Web Site
Unlock the possibilities of this valuable resource. Members can search an extensive database of supply management information, take part in professional forums, contact affiliates or other related organizations, and learn about ISM's assortment of educational products and services. Members also have access to:
- The Online Career Center — search a database of employment listings from across the country, post your résumé for organizations to see, search for the perfect employee, or take advantage of other career-enhancing tools. New features added often.
- The ISM Online InfoCenter — without a doubt, the largest purchasing and supply management library around. Check frequently — new information is added all of the time.
- Supply Management Advocate
No one understands better than ISM how supply management affects the bottomline, and no one promotes the profession like ISM. As a member you have access to ISM's printed and electronic materials which can help you do this within your organizational infrastructure as well. Let us help you communicate your value-added contributions to senior management.
- CPSM® and C.P.M. Programs
ISM offers credentialing programs that are known throughout the world. Obtaining your certification demonstrates to your current or future employer that you are serious about the profession.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) — ISM launched the Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) program in May 2008. The CPSM® is the credential that surpasses the demands of the international marketplace with multi-faceted skills in areas such as supplier relationship management, commodity management, risk and compliance issues and social responsibility.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) — The C.P.M. is now transitioning into recertification-only status. ISM established the C.P.M. program in June 1974. The establishment of the program identified procurement as a professional function with high educational standards and measures of ability and performance. Among the academic and the business communities, it has earned the recognition of, and respect for, purchasing as a key management team member.
Both programs are designed for those working in any of the major private, public, or non-profit work sectors. As a member you'll receive substantial discounts on study materials, testing and other related fees.
- Annual International Supply Management Conference and Educational Exhibit
Network with more than 2,000 peers at the only international conference devoted exclusively to purchasing and supply management. Examine emerging trends and challenges during comprehensive workshops conducted by your peers. The conference attracts distinguished keynote speakers to discuss current national and international issues and features several sessions highlighted by prominent corporate leaders. Members receive significant savings on registration fees.
- Professional Groups and Forums
Gain a deeper understanding of your area of expertise and develop valuable connections when you join an ISM Group or Forum. Select from a wide variety of interest areas including services, materials management, health care and hospitality.
- Member Benefit Programs
As an ISM member you'll have access to an ever-expanding set of benefit programs, in most cases providing discounts on unique, helpful products and services beyond what can be found elsewhere.
- Commodity Tracking via Propurchaser.com — Easy-to-use tools and data to prepare for negotiations and strike better deals. ISM members are entitled to a 60-day trial membership, and savings if they decide to join.
- Book Reviews via The Business Source — concise summaries of popular business books delivered to your in-box each month. Learn best practices and powerful insights from leading thinkers such as Stephen Covey, Malcolm Gladwell and Jack Welch. Members receive a subscription to the Business Source for 70% off the retail price.
- eVendor Check — Supplier Selection and Risk Assessment Tool. eVendorCheck.com helps you choose the best suppliers and thoroughly risk assess current suppliers. eVC reduces your risk exposure and the effort and expense of due diligence by providing current supplier performance data direct from customers via confidential Web-based surveys. FREE TRIAL and a 10% discount to ISM members.
- Purchasing & Supply Sourcing Guide — an online vendor search designed specifically for supply management industry professionals. The Guide enables professionals to conveniently perform targeted searches for industry-related products and services using either a user-defined keyword search, or an alphabetized category and sub-category directory search.
- ISM Knowledge Center
The ISM Knowledge Center provides a number of supply management classes which you can take online, at your own pace. Covering topics from cost price analysis to supplier management, the ISM Knowledge Center is a terrific way to sharpen your skills. ISM members receive a discount on registration fees. Even better, selected courses are available for free. Test one out today.
- Seminar Discounts
Enhance your professional development and job performance when you enroll in one of ISM's many seminars held throughout the country each year. Experienced instructors, thought-provoking sessions, and numerous topics are just some of the reasons these programs often fill up quickly. And don't forget — members save hundreds with each registration.
Also available — satellite seminars, broadcast to participating ISM affiliates or external companies. Addressing different supply management issues and offered several times throughout the year, satellite seminars are live alternatives that allow you to interact with speakers and peers without leaving your city or affiliate location.
- Professional Development Resources
ISM offers a wide variety of products to help complete your supply management information library. Our books and other self-study products will broaden your knowledge and sharpen your skills. Topics include, but are not limited to, global sourcing, supply management, negotiations, legal issues, and leadership. All ISM members receive discounts on professional development resources.
Important supply management or membership-related content delivered directly to your in-box.
- eSide Supply Management — a bimonthly e-publication featuring career advice, research results, international business tips for when you travel, social responsibility case studies, negotiating strategies and more — exclusively for ISM members.
- Member's Edge — helpful reminders and information of special interest to ISM members, including new benefits, networking opportunities, educational offerings, and more. Distributed periodically throughout the year.
- Industry Research
View ISM's annual Salary Survey and see how you compare to others in the industry. The full report available free to ISM members.
- Glossary of Key Supply Management Terms
A valuable tool for supply professionals, academics, researchers and students, the fourth edition of the Glossary includes information from all disciplines within supply management. Available to members through the ISM Web site.
- CAPS Research
ISM members can receive supply management-related research studies and benchmarks free from CAPS Research, the only global not-for-profit research center in supply management. Learn more about CAPS Research and how they can be of service to you.
Who Can Join ISM?
Membership in ISM is open to any person interested in the supply management field provided that such person (i) is not primarily engaged in sales activity. For the purposes of this section, "primarily" shall mean a majority of a person's time. However, no person shall be ineligible by reason of incidentally disposing of scrap, surplus stock, or equipment of the concern by which he or she is employed. The eligibility of an editor, secretary or business manager employed by an Affiliated Association shall not be affected by reason of sales activity directly related to any magazine, bulletin or other publication, or exhibit, product, show or similar activity sponsored by such association.
In principle and in practice, the Institute values and seeks a diverse membership, volunteer leadership, and staff. There are no barriers to full participation in the Institute on the basis of ethnic background, gender, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
The Institute values the efforts, knowledge and commitment of all volunteers and staff, and structures the volunteer system to maintain continuity by encouraging participation in integrated activities to enhance value-added activities and optimize productivity.